The elastomeric materials are polymers that have viscoelastic properties that support large deformations. They are widely used for vibration attenuation.
Some of these materials can be used in industry (vibration insulation pads, shock absorbers, among others) and railroad (PADs for mass-spring system, suspension of trains, among others).
The most common tests we perform are to obtain the mechanical properties and performance, such as:
- Quasi-static tests of vertical stiffness
- Quasi-static shear tests
- Dynamic free and forced vibration tests
- Ongoing load tests
- Fatigue tests (mechanical aging)
- Cushion coefficient obtained
- Reproduction of specific conditions in the air (stove)
- Reproduction of specific conditions in water